In lieu of our regularly scheduled events the Bike to Work Society and Greater Victoria Cycling Coalition have designed a series of summer Bike Activities to keep you riding safely despite Covid-19. These activities include:
These will see you, either riding solo or with members of your household, zipping around a neighbourhood finding notable spots and solving short clues.
All our Scavenger Hunts:
- Highlands & North Saanich Scavenger Hunts!
- Esquimalt/View Royal and James Bay Scavenger Hunts!
- Gordon Head/UVic & Saanich Peninsula Scavenger Hunts!
- Gorge/Tillicum & Fairfield/Rockland Scavenger Hunts!
- Hillside/Quadra & Central Saanich Scavenger Hunts!
- Victoria & Oak Bay Scavenger Hunts!
- Fernwood & Royal Oak/Cordova Bay Scavenger Hunts!
Like the Scavenger Hunts, the Discovery Rides are neighbourhood based, but follow a suggested route passing by several places of interest around the neighbourhood highlighting different aspects of Victoria’s natural and cultural history. Discovery Rides are less about testing your knowledge and more about giving you a leisurely ride where you can learn the history of your community.
All our Discovery Rides:
- James Bay Discovery Ride!
- Fairfield/Rockland and Gorge/Tillicum Discovery Rides!
- Downtown Victoria & Royal Oak/Cordova Bay Discovery Rides!
- Highlands & Fernwood Discovery Rides!
- View Royal/Esquimalt & Oak Bay Discovery Rides!
- Langford/Colwood & Cedar Hill Discovery Rides!
- Saanich Peninsula & Gordon Head/UVic Discovery Rides!
These are longer routes ranging in distance from 16km to over 60km, taking you on some beautiful rides around Greater Victoria.
All our Ride the Distance Rides:
- The Lake Loop
- Point to Point to Point
- The Seaside Shuffle
- The Ultimate Tri-Trail Loop
- Matheson Lake Out and Back ride!
- First Set of Neighbourhood Rides Complete!
- Swan Lake to Bear Hill ride!
Interested? Check out the GVCC Website where we’re posting all of our clues and maps to help you take part in our Neighbourhood Rides. We’ll launch new Scavenger Hunts, Discovery Rides, and Ride the Distance routes every two weeks from May till August.